Recruitment is a core function of human resource management. It refers to the overall process of attracting, selecting and appointing suitable candidates for jobs, either permanent or temporary within an organization. The New Trends of Future of Recruitment are described below:
- Recruitment Data Analytics- Specialized analytic programs should be designed by companies to maintain and manage the candidate data. Such data analytics would help recruiters to source passive candidates in less amount of time.
- Video Resumes- Video Resume helps in understanding about the candidate more clearly and knowing if he/she will be suitable for the particular job requirement. One can also come to know about their body language, confidence and many other aspects.
- Use of Smart-Phones for Recruitment- Today a large number of recruiters are using smartphones and candidates also respond faster with the use of smartphones and internet access. In the future, recruiters may use only smartphones for hiring.
- E-Commerce platforms/websites for Recruitment- As the recruitment industry trends are changing and developing towards the digital front. We can also expect that just like the E-Commerce websites, there will be E- Commerce websites for Recruitment as well.
- Freelancing- People who will be satisfied with their on-going jobs and still would have time to work more would get into freelancing and tie-up with recruitment firms or recruiters for different roles.
- Increase in Social Media Recruitment- Recruiters will invest more time and efforts on social media recruitment. Also, they would train themselves and learn all the required technologies and programs related to making the social media recruitment more productive.
- Changing Landscape of Social Networking- Physical element of social recruitment is changing fast as majority prefer to connect through online with business.
- Adopting new technology- Every day new technologies are getting into market and disrupting the whole game without any early warning. This puts one in a huge pressure of keeping up with new technologies.
- Recruitment through mobile technology- According to the recent research in US, almost 40% of people search for jobs on their mobile device and this trend is only growing by the day.
- Social Media Audit is a Must- Lot of organisations now have started realising that free for all approach is deadly for organisation and individual productivity. We must have a mechanism to build processes and definitions that do the social audit.
- Transparency and credibility of information- Any social recruiter can face this challenge to build a perception in the minds of followers that the information you are sharing is correct and reliable.
- Understanding of cyber laws- Now when a social recruiters entire body of work in online, this is of huge necessity to safeguard oneself from putting your data and IP at risk.
- Keeping close watch on trends- It is of great importance for a social recruiter to keep a close watch on latest trends as it is very critical to strategize social recruitment based on what is as on date trend.
- The possible negatives of Social Platforms- Some of the negatives which may define how it may impact future growth of social platforms are – Validity of information shared by clients, candidates and influencers based of which you decide selection and absorption of data, etc…
- Influences by Social Networking Associations- There are huge influences that social platforms have; the danger is that these social platforms can use this power to influence certain decisions in their favour.
- Organising Data online a must- Social recruiter‘s lot of data is not with them but with the platforms they are associated. Data Management understanding and learning is the key.
- Social game can change any time soon- Twitter has more job seekers then LinkedIn. More than 15% of hiring happens through Twitter. Traditionally, LinkedIn is used for professional networking. Just imagine a situation where more and more people start using Twitter for recruitment leading to mass exodus from LinkedIn can be a huge disruption.
- Our communication Model is waiting for huge change on the way- We have over last few years noted that communication model has changed dramatically. Conventional methods are a big no, now with power of social platforms.
If you’re looking for more such information, feel free to go through Amit Sharma’s ‘Social Recruiters’ book. Amit Sharma has 20 years of experience in the recruitment industry. You can find his book on Amazon or on this site – www.amitsharma.net