Social media specialists are responsible for generating and maintaining a presence on social media sites, such as Facebook or Twitter, as well building an audience through campaigns, ads and updates. Also to oversee and implement the organization’s social media activities
Social media specialists are often tasked with making the connection between statistics and how they translate to a campaign’s success and branding.
Here are a few things to know when hiring social media specialist:-
- Look at the current following.
- Proven expertise.
- Spot check.
- Check their past work.
- Are they skilled
- To foster and build relationship with audience.
- Are they effective storytellers?
- Are they tech savy with crisis management?
- Can they adapt a social media strategy?
Ways To Get The Most From Your Social Media Specialist:-
- Be clear about what your goals are.
- Set expectations.
- Pay on time.
- Keep your scheduled meetings.
- Provide them with business-related content every week.
- Develop a marketing mind.
- Make communication simple.
- Respect their time.
- Be appreciative.
- Be polite in the goodbye.
Steps to Hiring a Social Media specialist:-
- Domain expertise.
- Personal, personable, firm and respectable.
- Thirsty for knowledge and committed to education.
- Risk tolerance, ability to fail fast.
- Balance of perfectionism with a bias for action.
- Business savvy.
- Innovative self-starter.
- Work hours and locations that make sense.
- Feedback tolerance.
- Commit to on-going learning
- Empower personal branding.
- Have realistic expectations.
Here are the ways and means to hire social media specialist.