Building a great team is high on the priority list for every social media companies or organizations. But employers no longer have the upper hand when hiring. Today’s most talented professionals have their choice, with companies fighting for their attention and services. Attracting that talent to your organization is a challenge that must be met head-on, in innovative ways.
The key is selling potential employees is the best way working with you. This makes recruiting a good marketing effort and one of the best recruiting techniques have their roots in the most effective marketing tactics.
Here are best ways to ensure that you’re recruiting best talent:-
- Take advantage of social media.
- Market your compensation package.
- Optimize for mobile.
- Expand your search area.
- Increase your hiring speed.
- Use existing employees to market your company.
Three Benefits of Engaging Employees in Your Social Media Plan:-
- Increase social media aptitude within your organization.
- Strengthen your social media brand.
- Increase your employee referrals by leveraging social media.
Ways of expand social media strategy for hiring:-
- Candidate sourcing.
- Competitor Monitoring.
- Resources for Candidates.
- Live recruitment events.
Attracting talent with social media for hiring process:-
- LinkedIn :-
- LinkedIn is probably the go-to spot for filling the right candidate.
- After all, this social platform was built as a way to build serious professional connections.
- You can start by using specific criteria like job titles to search for candidates.
- If a candidate’s profile is interesting you can simply send a connection request to launch a conversation in which you ask for a more complete resume, or try to schedule a phone call.
- A search of industry-relevant Twitter hashtags can offer you some true recruiting gold.
- It will tell you who is passionate and interested enough in the industry to talk about it on a regular basis.
- It will tell you who is working to become a thought leader in the area of thought leaders who are definitely the types of people you want to talk to.
- Even really good, curated industry-specific content is a good sign if you’re aiming at an entry-level or middle-management role.
- Facebook doesn’t lend itself to recruiting quite as effortlessly as LinkedIn and Twitter do.
- However, you can look for relevant groups.
- Look for people who post a lot of great comments or who add new content on a regular basis.
- Some potential clients may even shout out on Facebook, asking if anyone knows of a job that matches their job description or needs.
- This is a great opportunity to start a conversation with someone who is ready for a change.
Strategic Tips for Employers to Recruit on Social Media:-
- Know Where to Start.
- Leverage Your Social Profiles to Post Job Openings.
- Engage Current Employees.
- Use LinkedIn Strategically.
- Quality and Quantity.
- Social Media is a Two-Way Street.
Common social media mistakes in recruitment:-
- Failing to plan
- Failing to secure adequate resources
- Failing to make a consistent time commitment
- Failing to leverage your team
- Failing to add value
- Failing to engage
- Reverting to treating social media as an advertising channel
Here are all ways and tips for social media hiring.